Mango with Sweet Sticky Rice
Traditional dessert and a favorite at White Orchid
Author: White Orchid
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sticky rice
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- Additional Coconut Milk, for drizzling
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Chopped peanuts, toasted sesame seeds and fresh mint leaves (optional)
- SOAK rice in warm water 4 hours or overnight. Drain well. Steam rice in a steamer basket in medium saucepan 25 minutes or until tender. (Add boiling water to saucepan as needed.)
- MEANWHILE, mix coconut milk, sugar and salt in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Transfer sticky rice to large bowl. Gradually add coconut milk, mixing well after each addition until rice is evenly coated with coconut milk. Cover rice; let stand 20 to 30 minutes to allow coconut milk to be absorbed by rice.
- TO SERVE, arrange mango slices on 4 plates. Spoon coconut sticky rice onto each plate. Drizzle rice with additional coconut milk. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. If desired, garnish with chopped peanuts, toasted sesame seeds and mint leaves.